When it comes to the cloud, even web hosting does not stay behind. Unlike traditional hosting, cloud hosting does not host your website on a single server but a cluster of servers. In short, a cloud server is not a physical server but a virtual server running in a cloud computing environment.
With the evolution of cloud hosting, the demand for cloud hosting increased drastically. Thus, a lot of web hosting providers started offering cloud hosting. Some of these names are AWS cloud, Alibaba Cloud, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
In this article, we will talk about one such cloud hosting provider- DigitalOcean.
A Little About DigitalOcean
DigitalOcean was founded by Ben Uretsky, Alec Hartman, Moisey Uretsky, Mitch Wainer, and Jeff Carr. It is an American cloud hosting company specially built with developers in mind. The headquarters are based in New York City with 12 datacenters worldwide. They have their presence in 195 countries.
The company launched in the year 2011 and it has developed ever since then. They have a huge customer base of over 1 million clients. They are one of the most reliable and trusted cloud hosting platforms in the industry.
DigitalOcean offers cloud services and its target audience is developers. It helps the developers to scale and deploy applications that run on multiple computers at the same time.
Their main objective is to offer a user-friendly platform for developers so that they can migrate their applications to cloud effortlessly, with fast processes and that can be scaled easily.
A Droplet in DigitalOcean is nothing but their Linux based virtual servers. Every droplet you create is the new server that can be used to host an application or a website.
DigitalOcean named their virtual servers as droplets – a cute little nickname for virtual servers by keeping their theme of ‘Ocean’ in mind.
These droplets let you launch unlimited applications (CMS Platforms) on their server and scale it as per your convenience.
However, these droplets are unmanaged. This means, you either need to have an expert level knowledge about servers or you need to hire an admin that will take care of all your server related tasks.
But these server admins will cost you a dime. So, what’s the alternative then?
A lot of web hosting providers in the market offer managed hosting for these droplets. One of these names is MilesWeb.
MilesWeb not only provides server management for your droplets at DigitalOcean but also resells DigitalOcean cloud hosting packages with managed services at affordable prices.
Advantages of Managed DigitalOcean Cloud from MilesWeb:
- Cost and time saving: If you aren’t a tech person, juggling with your server and spending a lot of time onto it won’t benefit your business. With MilesWeb managed services for your droplets, you can save your precious hours and focus on your business.
- Reduced resource cost: Hiring an individual server admin to manage your server or hiring an in-house team may affect your financial budget.
- Improved security: MilesWeb offers real-time monitoring of your server. Thus, you can remain unworried about any malicious activity happening to your server.
- Increase productivity: Leaving all your server management tasks to the MilesWeb team will save you time and thus, you can do what you are skilled at- growing your business. This will ultimately help your business in increasing your revenue and productivity.
Full Feature List of DigitalOcean Cloud By MilesWeb:
- Expert Advice: If you are confused about which hosting plan to choose. The MilesWeb team will be your helping hand in knowing your complete requirement for the server and guiding you to pick the best plan that suits your needs.
- Complete Management: Once you opt-in for their DigitalOcean managed hosting plans, you can leave the complete responsibility of your server to them.
- Server maintenance: All the daily operations such as keeping your server software updated, checking disk usage, application updates, OS or software updates, checking hardware errors, etc., everything is looked after by their team of experts.
- Optimizing: To keep your server performance updated, they optimize and enhance your cloud server.
- System monitoring: They monitor the resources of the server such as CPU and bandwidth on a daily basis. This is very useful at the time of critical situations such as sudden website traffic spike. All the incoming and outgoing traffic is monitored.
- Data protection: The data is backed up regularly to prevent any loss of data or accidental errors.
- Security: The team keeps a close watch on server vulnerability or any web attackers. This protects your server from any spyware, viruses or any malicious web attacks.
- Regular updates: Downloading and installing updates manually on the server is no more a headache. They will take care of all the updates related to your server.
MilesWeb DigitalOcean Cloud Plans:
The managed DigitalOcean plans with MilesWeb start with Rs.645 for the first month with 1 GB RAM, 1 virtual CPU, 25 GB SSD disk space and bandwidth 1 TB. You can renew this plan just at Rs.860 per month.
MilesWeb offers a total of 12 plans for managed DigitalOcean. The objective of offering these many plan options is to meet the requirement of every small to huge-scale organization.
Among all the web hosting providers that offer managed services for your droplets, MilesWeb is truly the best one. With all the features they provide at such an inexpensive price, is really affordable. Although you can take DigitalOcean droplet directly from the provider itself, buying it from MilesWeb will reduce your hassles of server management.